Adobe FrameMaker 12 software is a complete solution for authoring, enriching, managing, and publishing technical documentation. Author with best-in-class XML/DITA and DTD support. Manage content using out-of-the-box integration with leading content management systems and Dropbox. Collaborate with PDF-based reviews, even on mobile devices. Easily publish to multiple channels, formats, and screens natively from within FrameMaker 12 at no extra cost, without any plug-ins.
Quoted from the Adobe® Framemaker Website.
- Now deliver your content to multiple channels, formats, and screens, from within FrameMaker 12, without having to purchase any other product. Publish to popular output formats like EPUB 3, KF8, MOBI, WebHelp, CHM, and HTML5 with a single click. Define settings once and share them organization-wide. Simultaneously batch-process multiple outputs.
- Create or edit MathML equations within FrameMaker 12 thanks to native integration with MathFlow™ Structure and Style editors from Design Science. Import a MathML equation into FrameMaker, as an image, auto-size it, and save its source in the XML file. Render all documents including XML, with embedded MathML equations.
- Manage content effectively using new native integration with Adobe Experience Manager, formerly known as Adobe CQ. Check out, check in, upload, copy, move, and create files. Get digital asset management metadata support, see version history, show dependents, and more. Customize Adobe Experience Manager by changing preferences.
- Customize the user interface to match the way you work. Configure it with icons of your choice—large or regular sized, colored or greyscale. Use floating toolbars and control bars, dock your most frequently used dialog boxes for quick access, and create workspaces customized to your workflow.
- Work more productively by conducting authoring and reviewing in parallel. Edit the source content without waiting for all review comments to come in. Review comments are imported correctly in the modified document as long as the commented content has not changed in the source document.
- Change the way you insert elements of various catalogs such as element, paragraph, and character catalogs. Bring up the new dialog box with a keyboard shortcut. See content even for large catalogs with 10 elements displayed at a time. Search for an element directly, or view a dynamic list of elements based on the filter criteria or context.
- Work anytime, anywhere, on any machine, and with collaborators across networks. Choose whether to upload dependent files or not. Share documentation easily with subject matter experts and other reviewers, and keep documents automatically updated with review comments.
- Effortlessly use conditional tags for single-sourcing content with an improved, user-friendly Conditional Text Pod. Easily apply or remove multiple conditions. Utilize visual checkmarks to apply conditions or see which conditions have been applied.
System Requirements for Windows
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 or faster processor)
- Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 or 7, or Windows® XP with Service Pack 3)
- Memory: 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- Disk space: 3GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)